市村ご夫妻からServant Leader Newsletter１０月号が送付
Servant Leader Newsletter
Many “Made in Japan” products are distributed worldwide such as Toyota, Honda, Sony, Panasonic and others. It is my prayer that many Japanese people will spread the gospel of the love of Jesus Christ through business, NGO, NPO, etc. by the power of the Holy Spirit to the ends of the earth.
By God’s grace and His leadership, International VIP club celebrated its 25th anniversary in September. I am so thankful and truly appreciate your continued support and prayers for this ministry. When I started the VIP ministry three scriptural promises were given by God: Isaiah 43:4 “you are precious and honored in my sight”, Genesis 12:3 “ I will bless those who bless you, and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”, and Genesis 22:17 “ I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore.”. A work that began with one step of faith, but with the filling and power of the Holy Spirit, the ministry has grown like Acts 1:8 “starting in Jerusalem (Tokyo), to all Judea and Samaria (Japan), and to the ends of the earth (Asia and the world). I am in grateful awe how the gospel is spreading through our ministry to major cities all over the world.
Furthermore, it’s my prayer that more and more people come to faith in Christ and are sent out as His ambassadors to fulfill the great commission.
· “VIP Chicago” (Chairman: Kim Sekiguchi) hosted “Autumn & VIP retreat” on Sep 29th and enjoyed lunch and fellowship at Lake Geneva Country Club in the morning and apple picking in the afternoon. Mr. Anderson who is an owner of Anderson Japanese garden graciously opened the country club for the event. The guest speaker was Rev. Mikio Matsuzawa (Pastor of Corner Stone Japanese Church) and his message was entitled “Cuddled up in weakness - from the experience of disaster". Please pray that Japanese people who live in Chicago will be touched by the gospel.
· “VIP Owners- Kansai” (Chairman: Akira Sakamoto) will be held on Nov 29th (Thur) at Kagairo Osaka Castle restaurant on the 3F Hotel New Otani, Osaka. The guest speakers will be James Lim (Business producer, designer and missionary) and his speech is entitled: “Easy to understand: Block chain - The Mechanism of virtual currency called bit coin”. And Michito Kasagawa (pastor and business consultant) will also talk about “Business strategy lessons from the Bible part 9”. Please pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit to flood the Kansai area.
· “VIP Nara” (Chairman: Joshua Komobuchi) was held on Oct 8th at Gakuenmae hall (Nara city western kaikan civic hall) with the theme of “Kaijiro Hirono talk show”. Dr. Hirono is a physician of Kinki Nippon Railroad Co., Ltd. Please pray the ancient capital (Yamato) Nara will be changed by the love of Christ and become a powerful influence for the kingdom of God.
· “VIP Hachioji” (Staff: Hideshi Hayashi, Masahiro Suzuki) was held on Sep 21st at Tokyu Square Hachioji Gakuen Toshi Center 12F and the guest speaker was VIP Mexico chairman Shuji Saito. (founder of Ecomu Mexico). His speech title was “Mexico, Japan and God’s plan”. Mr. Saito graduated from Tachikawa High School and Hosei University (Hachioji campus) and moved to Mexico when he was 22 years old. He came to faith in Christ and met & married his Mexican wife. They celebrated 26th wedding anniversary this year and have three daughters. After working for 2 years with the Japanese embassy in Mexico, he worked at international distribution and auto parts vendors. In July 2018, he founded a company called Ecomu Mexico in Mexico. He has been living in Mexico 18 years and is grateful for God’s plan and guidance in his life in Mexico.
· “VIP Funabashi” (Chairman: Masahiko Udagawa) was held on Sep 8th at Funabashi labor citizen center and the guest speaker was Ai Yamamoto (gospel singer) and her speech title was “The Gospel and black theology”. Ms. Yamamoto graduated from Toho Music College and formed a Jazz and cappella group and met black gospel singers. Since 2000, she has been playing and teaching old gospel to choirs and bands. She is a member of The Japan Black Studies Association. Her speech included introducing “Theology of black liberation” and theology of slavery liberation, a story to look back on the roots of gospel music and slaves. She is currently leading Gloria Hallelujah Ship in Funabashi which is aiming to perform live music and a workshop of American history.
· “VIP Yokohama Hiyoshi” (Chairman: Hiroyuki Takiyama) held it’s 161th “Classic Concert” at Takiyama house. Saka-aki and Emiko Shimada were guest speakers. Mr. Shimada was born into a Christian family and was a teacher of middle and high school. He resigned as teacher in March 2017 and entered Seikei seminary while starting to work for The Gibraltar Life Insurance. Mrs. Shimada is supporting her husband and their two kids while she is serving at YOKOHAMA ONNURI CHRIST CHURCH for mother school and children’s cafeteria. Both Mr. and Mrs. Shimada gave a message together. Two members of VIP Yokohama Hiyoshi made a decision to accept Christ as their savior and were baptized. A total 82 people were baptized through this ministry.
· “2018 VIP Diet Christmas Banquet” will be held on Nov 26th (Mon) 6-9pm at Hotel New Otani Tokyo. (400 people) The main speaker will be Tommy Nakajima (pro golfer). The special guests will include Mr. Shigeru Ishiba (former secretary general of LDP), Mr. Banri Kaieda (former Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry), Mr. Motohisa Furukawa (Deputy leader of National Democratic Party), Ms. Mizuho Fukushima (former leader of Social Democratic Party), H.E. Mr. Paul Madden (British diplomat and ambassador to Japan), Ms. Yaffa Ben-Ari (Ambassador of Israel in Japan), Mr. Toru Hashimoto (Honorary advisor of Mizuho financial group), Mr. Junichi Ujiie (Honorary advisor of Namura Holdings), Mr. Masayuki Muneyuki (Former CEO of Fuji Film), Mr. Haruo Miki (Chairman of Tamanohada Soap) and others. Ms. Junko Akisawa (TBS-TV) will be the MC. Please pray that leaders of Japan will come to know Christ personally and have faith in Christ as Lord.